About the Bible
- The divine inspiration and trustworthiness of the Holy Scripture as originally given, and their supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereign work of God in creation, revelation, redemption, judgment and establishing His kingdom.
- The creation of men and women together in the image of God and together having dominion over the created order.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering all people subject to God’s wrath and condemnation, and unable to turn themselves to God without the prior regenerating work of God’s Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.
About Jesus Christ and Salvation
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit, and his birth of the virgin Mary. He is both God and sinless man.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin, only through the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, demonstrating God’s love to us most perfectly and his victory over Satan and his forces.
- The physical resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead in flesh, bones and body.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in individual sinners, granting them repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ, so that salvation is entirely of God’s grace and not of their merit or good works.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in glory to judge the living and the dead.
Have a listen
A sample talk by one of our pastors to give you an idea of our preaching style.